“Safe” Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs
On a diet, eating healthy, or just sick of all the greasy ’party’ food? These deviled eggs are a perfect app to bring to your super bowl party.
I have certain foods I call my “Safe Foods.” Sushi is one such safe food. I can usually expect a sushi dinner to be low in bad fat and calories (just don’t order tempura!) and super fulfilling and delicious.
So I wen’t on a quest for a “safe” but fun, and yummy super bowl snack to bring to a big super bowl party today. I did a variation on the recipe below. Believe me- these are DELICIOUS- and you don’t have to freak out about enjoying them.
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs, boiled, cooled, peeled, and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (we didn’t use any- instead substituted Dijon mustard)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (Franks Red Hot ‘wings’ is my fave)
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken, drained (<—Yuck. We got a plain, pre-cooked rotisserie chickens instead)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely diced cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup blue cheese (add more or less if you want. you can add a little low fat cream cheese if you want, or feta could even work. Believe me, its hard to ruin something with buffalo sauce in it!)